- Oversees and coordinates daily activities of contractors engaged in materials movement or handling, loading, unloading, transportation, home delivery, and DOT compliance.
- Reviews, tracks and assigns delivery orders to contractors daily to ensure timely delivery.
- Reviews work processes, recommends measures to improve contractor performance, equipment performance, and over quality of service.
- Keeps accurate records, and prepares and submits required paperwork.
- May train, evaluate employee performance, and recommend promotions, transfers, and disciplinary action.
- Must be able to communicate in English.
- Excellent communication skills and must be able to interact with all levels of personnel.
- Attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Effective problem resolution skills.
- Excellent customer service skills required.
- Experience with computers and Microsoft Office.
Experience and Education:
- 1-3 years related experience or equivalent education/experience.
- 1-2 year’s supervisory experience preferred.
- Must be able to sit, type, write, read, and communicate on the phone for long periods of time.